Monday, March 28, 2011

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

This week, being MCAST week, we will be spending time watching movies - Astroboy and finishing Castle in the Sky. However, This blog entry is being handed out to outline to the majority of our time in this semester.

As you may notice, I finish one page a week for my job. I am attempting to double this, but I am attempting to double this workload.

Starting next week, I'll be asking the same from students. It is important to have a visual goal - last semester we made class magazines, this semester we will be transforming this blog into a full fledged web comic.

During the movie, I'd like students to write statements of purpose.

What would you like to focus on studying? What would you like to accomplish.

Here is a list of terms we have

Writing

Empathy
Mundane vs. sublime
Metaphor
Will Eisner's Story Structure

Drawing + Design

Iconic drawing
Abstract drawing
Figurative drawing
Grid Theory and design
3D perspective drawing

Genre

Sci Fi as social commentary
Autobiography
Humor
Slice of Life
Fantasy

Please turn in a page telling me about your ambitions.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment