Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy October

Hi Class,

Hope you're all having a great 3 day weekend. Upon returning to class I decided to post our "Halloween" assignment. Well ... don't think of it as an assignment. It's a deadline to put out another zine, this time an improvement over our "whose who" zine.

HALLOWEEN ASSIGNMENT

1 page minimum.

examples of

abstract drawing

iconic drawing

figurative drawing

2 major time changes

second to second
year to year
aspect to aspect

due end of month.

ALSO:

I want to highlight some artists that may be inspiration. I've been going over some pretty heady drawing techniques and showing a lot of old and talented artists. I want to emphasize the significance of process and enjoying drawing.

Observe:


The great Gary Panter!

Gary Panter's line is jagged, fast and childish. It evokes something whimsical and care free. Your zines can be doodles and will be graded on how evident you're having fun drawing! Simply spending 15 minutes on the assignment and coming up to me and saying "there! I'm done." ... you're not getting the point. This is about expansion, exploration and pushing yourself. But at the same time, please don't be nervous by grades. I'm literally grading you on how much fun you can have making manga and comics.

For more on gary panter, visit: www.garypanter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment